Last October, PEACE Punta de Mita was selected by the Tony Robbins Foundation to administer a US$75,000 fund to improve the facilities of two schools in the Higuera Blanca community.
This Monday, November 20, we were invited to the inauguration of the improvements at the Jose Maria Pino Suarez Secondary School, among which are:
- • Restructuring of classroom ceilings
- • Installation of 4 air conditioners
- • Optimization of the basketball court and its stands
- • Rehabilitation of the teacher's house
- • Restructuring of bathrooms
- • Improvements in various classrooms, such as painting, ceramic tile, etc.
The event included speeches of thanks from the students and teachers, messages of commitment from PEACE Punta de Mita, as well as the presentation of the new director, Jeovana Van de Velde, a symbolic ribbon cutting and a pleasant gathering among the institutions, in which we were able to taste delicious dishes prepared by schoolteachers and parents.
It was very emotional to see the faces of the students, who were very happy to be able to see their school more beautiful and with so many improvements that they will be able to enjoy, day by day, and which will make learning there more enjoyable.